
I have a grand-daughter who is having a birthday party with tie-dye as her theme. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I decided I would make her some cookies for the party with a tie-dye look. I think they came out pretty cute!
.

I swirled the icing colors on top of the wet base coat.
.

Then I dragged a toothpick through the colors.
This was my first attempt; as I progressed I made them with 3 or 4 colors.
.



I remember when we tie dyed shirts we would bunch them up with all those rubber-bands and get colors all over here and there. This one reminded me of that.
.

I thought I'd try some polka dots too.
Really easy.
.
I can't wait to start on Valentine cookies!
.
2 comments:
They are so cute! Could you please post your recipes for frosting? I struggle so with making it!
Shannon, go to my archives: in November, 2010... I have three cookie tutorials. Part one is all about the icing and has some helpful pictures. Enjoy!
Post a Comment