Saturday, January 22, 2011

Literary enrichment at grandma's

We added a little bookcase to our reading area.
.
I seem to have more children's books then the tall case at the end of the hallway can hold.
Our grandchildren have enjoyed sitting on the carpet by that bookcase pulling out the books that their daddy's had once read.
(yes, I saved their books and their toys and am SO thankful I did!)
But now that some of our grandchildren are independent readers, I thought I could put some of those books into a smaller bookcase.


I don't have them according to the dewey decimal system yet, but I have this sweet library check-out system that I got for Christmas. (I already showed that once on this blog.)

Perhaps some of these were your favorites once too.

I keep adding books to my collection.
There is also a book basket in the family room with some favorite read-aloud books too.
.
A good reader is a good thinker.
.
(p.s. These pictures were taken with my new camera. Just in case you wanted to know!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PROUD OF YOU - you are overcoming your anxiety.

Vicki said...

I just wanted to let you know we tried your Mississippi Roast and we loved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Makes great breakfast hash with the left overs. Thanks for sharing that you still have your son's toys and books because I think that's great and plan on doing the same. I love seeing the pictures of your grandkids with all those old toys. Have a great day.

Brooke said...

Seeing all of those books just warms my heart! As much as a Kindle sounds like a great idea, I just love the feel of turning each page, and having it on the shelf to share with someone.