
This is a photograph of a photograph that I took around 1979 while we lived on the farm in Hagen, Saskatchewan. It is of our two sons (number three was not yet born) walking a sweet tree lined path on the farm. My mother loved it and had it enlarged.
(I photographed the enlargement)
Then a few years after she had it enlarged she signed up for an adult education class on painting. I had no idea she ever considered painting but happily she went on to paint this sweet picture:
.
.

and, if you notice, she added the third son.
.
I love it.
....
.
.

And, since I'm featuring the artist genes in my family, my father also took some adult education art classes (he was in his 50's, I suppose, so not all that old!) and this cute winter scene is one I have framed and I hang every Christmas season over the fireplace mantle.
.
It seems to me that he may have been looking at some pictures similar to those Grandma Moses painted. At any rate, this is an original Grandpa Crater piece of art!
Enjoy!
2 comments:
I love the picture and the paintings!!!!! I am an artist myself. I have a name for the roast.....how about "Mississippi Roast"
I'm not great in the kitchen, and never made a roast before. I was a little worried. It seemed too simple, but it tasted great! I would give this five stars. I will make this again. To the reviewer who asked if it had a strong ranch taste- I love ranch, but I couldn't taste it at all. Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment