Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Frosty morning for the swans..

This morning I remembered to bring my camera along as I took a trip into town.
I had to cross the river and I pulled over and got out of the car to take a few pictures.
We recently experienced a number of storm days (we had 16 1/2 inches of snow in back-to-back storms) and it was so nice to see the beautiful blue sky once again!
.
I was delighted to see the beautiful swans that have been in our river.
We can see them from our home, but they are too far away and through too many branches to capture them in a picture from the vantage point of our house.
But right here by the river, I got a few good pictures.
The steam rising from the river adds to the picture..
It was about 7 below zero when I took these pictures...
How nice ot them to offer me a profile view...


I love winter.

3 comments:

Cooking Up Faith said...

I saw your comment on KK! Wow - what beautiful pictures!! I can't imagine seeing that in person. There is no snow where I live! :)

Laurie said...

Those are beautiful pictures you made! Looks like it should be in the Jan. calendar page.

Jim and Marilyn said...

oh I do miss FF beauty...even if the winters are cold and icey...thanks for posting