Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pumpkin Scones!

I love fall, as I have mentioned before, and fall baking is another thing I love. I love getting back to routine, I love the cooler temperatures, I love anything pumpkin, cranberry, turkey... and I found a fabulous recipe on the internet for pumpkin scones that apparently are similar to the ones from Starbucks. I've never had the ones from Starbucks, but these are mightly good, so I suppose the Starbucks ones must be. (google "starbucks pumpkin scones" and you'll find this recipe)
Mix the dry ingredients, working in the butter so the mixture resembles cornmeal.



Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and incorporate it until it is all moist.



There are many ways to shape scones, I pat the mixture into a large thick circle. I do it right on my silpat pad, so I don't have to move them to another baking sheet.



Carefully I cut and separate them slightly. I usually make 8 and they are a generous size.



See how they bake up to a nice big scone.



The thing about this recipe is that it has TWO glaze applications. The first is a simple glaze on top of the cooled scone.




Then, after the first glaze hardens a bit, you apply the second glaze, to which cinnamon and other spices has been added. Oh my.


Then you photograph, in case they are all gone before hubby gets home, you can show him what you have done today...



Fuss for yourself with a cup of coffee or tea, a cute tray and a fall napkin... take time for yourself!



Don't forget to thank the Lord for all the bountiful blessings He bestows upon us daily.
Another perfectly lovely ordinary day.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those scones look so delicious. I could eat one right now! l, m