Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Morning glories

No one would ever mistake me for a gardener. I am not fond of working outside in the sunshine, so gardening is something I think is nice; I like the idea and I even get excited each spring to consider what will go in our little garden, what flowers I want, etc. But I know that I have a rather poor history in the follow-through department. I would not be willing to put a picture on this blog of the garden behind this arbor, but I am very happy with the morning glories this year that have grown up around the little arbor. (And the zinnias did nicely too, thank you..)
I just love this blue shade, so appropriately named "heavenly blue."


And this is one of my favorite pictures this week - can you see the little ant? I didn't notice him until I took at look at the picture after I had taken it.


However, this morning it was in the low 30's! And still at 10:30 in the morning the morning glories seem to say "hey, it's too cold to unfurl! We're just staying bundled up a bit longer! Brrr."


I felt the same way! Brrrr....

Nice fresh cool fall air....


3 comments:

Megan said...

My goodness, those morning glories are gorgeous!

His Doorkeeper said...

Your flowers are beautiful! We can't have many blooming flowers because the deer eat them as soon as they bloom!!

A cold front came through N. Arkansas today and the temp dropped from the 80's to the 50's!! I wore socks to church tonight instead of sandals!!

I hate to say this Candis, but I don't think canned okra would be as good as fresh out of the garden!!! Ha So don't judge it too harshly if you don't like it!!

Brev'smom said...

Thank you for checking out my blog..I think I said this before, it's like a celebrity is visiting :)

I wanted to post on one of your previous posts, but technology wasn't letting me. I noticed the feather in your hair right away. Too cute! A lot of my friends have put them in and I think they are an adorable fall accessory. Hope all is well!

Christina