Thursday, February 17, 2011

That was breakfast?

Most of you know we enjoy the wildlife right outside our windows; our backyard is all natural and we watch lots of birds, deer and a few other sundry creatures.
This morning, however, I looked out and there was Mr. Owl looking back at me!
It is a fairly unusual occurence to see the owl, usually just a once-in-a-year sighting.
I grabbed my new camera and just kept taking pictures.
This was exciting to watch and hard to actually get a picture as he was moving very fast.
He had been sitting in the branches above watching below him for something to swoop down and grab for breakfast.

He was successful.
I'm not sure just what he was eating for breakfast - and I'm not sure I really WANT to know..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos !!!

Lindsay Gietzen said...

Wow- once I almost got attacked by an owl. You should ask my mom about that story!

Cool pictures!