Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Remembering

Today I am remembering my dear sister-in-law Martha, who would have celebrated her 72nd birthday today. However, she is celebrating in eternity with her Saviour, and for that I rejoice while I also grieve.
.
Martha and her husband Norman (my husband's brother) became husband and wife in 2001 - the first marriage for both of them and their families rejoiced greatly! I had the extra special honor of being Martha's wedding coordinator at our church and from that point on we had a special bond. Martha and Norman lived in the same small town as we, so we spent lots of wonderful time together; enjoyed great laughs, great meals (many Norwegian meals!) and we shared our faith in Jesus as our redeemer.
.
In the photograph above, Martha is holding her goddaughter, born October 2009. Little did we realize that Martha would be sitting at the feet of Jesus in less then 6 months..
.
If you have read my blog in the past, you may have seen some pictures of a new home being constructed in 2009 by my husband, which was for Martha and Norman. In fact, this time last year, she and I were painting the walls in the new home.
Little did we know that her new home was going to be WAY better..
.
Martha learned she had cancer in February 2010 and began treatment. We were all hopeful, though we knew she had a tough battle ahead. However, the Lord called her home in March suddenly. What a shock for all of us!
.
And so today I think of Martha, her birthday. I am thankful for our friendship and bond; I believe in a loving God that has redeemed Martha and I look forward to the day we all celebrate together at the feet of Jesus.
What a day that will be.

No comments: