Saturday, February 07, 2009

What else can we see?

We have lots and lots of squirrels- and some we don't like because they get on and INTO the bird feeders - so we yell, knock on the windows, and other things ... to get them to leave the bird feeders alone. This guy was cooperating by eating the sunflower seeds that have fallen upon the snow below the bird feeders. Very acceptable.

Ah, and who is this way out among the trees and underbrush? Is it a just a spot that the snow doesn't cover? The hollow of a fallen tree or something?

Nope! It's Mr. Bunny resting!

Ah, now he is one smart bunny....


and he doesn't even mind sharing.


Sweet little redpolls also find this a good spot for a morning snack.


And now, who is THIS guy coming? This is the first year he has ever been sighted in our neighborhood, though we have seen numerous black squirrels in the town (which is about 3 miles away.) So, have they expanded their territory? Now we have red, gray and black squirrels! I think he looks sort of creepy, actually.

But he heard that morning snacks were being served so he thought he'd check it out.


We keep our eyes looking all morning for what else we can see.... can you see what we have found now?


Yup, our FAVORITE. A pretty cardinal.
What a morning.

1 comment:

Henrik and Carrie said...

Dear Candis,
I like all the deer and I wish I could be there to see the deer. I hope I can come back to play with your old toys again.

Your Friend, Erik