Sunday, February 22, 2009

Playing a little Wii

It's hard to explain what the Wii fit is like but I think these pictures do a good job. With the Wii fit system a person stands on the "balance board" and it is very sensitive to the shifting weight of the person. Brooklyn was doing a virtual hoola hop and we had such fun watching her. She was quite good at it, too!

Can you see the hoola-hoop in the television screen? Brooklyn's motions coorespond to the little person pictured on the screen. Keep moving to keep that hoola-hoop up or it will drop to the floor just like real life.

Cute, huh?


Then Preston got in on the action. This was not a hoola-hoop game - in this game his motions were controlling a table top that had a ball on it - the idea was to tilt the table top using his balance motions so that the ball would roll into a hole. In fact, he did it, too! I love the concentration on his face.

Even Grandpa got in on the action too! He was doing the same game that Preston did.

I had to snap this profile picture of Brooklyn while she was watching the television screen.
I just love her little profile.
She is growing up too fast!

3 comments:

Kari, RN said...

This looks like fun! I've never really thought too hard about getting a wii, but this makes it look like it would really offer some fitness benefits! And, like if offers a lot of fun entertainment!

Anonymous said...

I think you need to be worried about Preston climbing on things in the background (grandmpa's pic)

Candis Berge said...

I did see Preston in the background - he was on two stools and was playing with the cars up on the counter where his little brother wouldn't get them. It looked worse then it was.