
We have returned from a wonderful vacation to Alaska. It is hard to describe and hard to choose which pictures to post. I don't want to overdo it so I will try to be somewhat concise. Above is a picture of our room. Rooms on cruise ships are not know for being large and we chose a room with a balcony. We were very pleased with that decision.
Our first port was Ketchikan. A fine little town. It was wet but didn't dampen our explorer spirit!
The next port was the capital, Juneau. On the walk towards the very nice governor's mansion, JoAnn and I saw a bear! No kidding! This is a close-up with my zoom lens. Apparently the authorities were trying to capture him as there had been other sightings of this 1 year old but he is still enjoying life on the lam.
Our favorite port was Skagway - really cozy, rustic town. Very clean, very friendly.
Here is a view of our ship while docked in Skagway. The wide section high in the front is the "bridge" where the captain and others guide the ship.
2 comments:
Candis, all of the photos were just wonderful! It looks like it was a vacation to remember!
Welcome back -we missed you! I'm so glad you didn't get eaten by that bear :) Looking forward to seeing all the fun pictures!
Post a Comment