Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hail the lowly chokecherry....

Many thanks to my sister-in-law Martha for picking some chokecherries for us while we were in Alaska. They are small dark berries that are not good at all to eat unless you turn them into chokecherry syrup! Wow, with the addition of sugar (I won't tell you how much..) it makes the most wonderful syrup for pancakes and waffles! I'm not all that fond of the canning work, but I did get a nice 1/2 dozen pint jars. Delicious!

My own personal labels generated from my computer. I think they are cute.


A quick picture of some recent garden produce. The cherry tomatoes are especially tasty!

2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Any chance that a jar or two could be mailed out to Oregon??? :o)

Candis Berge said...

I'll have a research how to safely mail a jar. There must be a way..