Friday, August 29, 2008

Father-Sons Mountain fishing trip...

Wally and his three sons are off on an adventure to high in the Montana mountains near Red Lodge. These pictures were taken last year when I was there with Wally (and my brother John and his girlfriend Laurie) - and I'm posting them so my sweet daughter-in-laws can get a picture of where our men are today! In the picture above is a view of the "road" - it's about 6 1/2 miles from the base to the top of the plateau and they will be driving slowly...slowly... over a rough gravel road to get to the top. It took us an hour to get to the top.

Then, we they arrive they will hike, with their tents and fishing poles, to some of the beautiful mountain lakes. You can see a lake down in the distance here. Hopefully they will find one where the fish are biting!!


The view is spectacular from the top of the plateau - but it is also quite barren. I'm sure they are having a great time together! I wonder how many times they will be saying to each "oh, man, it's a good thing mom isn't here" - whenever they do something they know I would deem rather ... risky! But I bet by the end of the trip they will be saying... after cleaning up after themselves... "oh, man, too bad mom isn't here!!"

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my peace and quiet...

2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

I bet they are having a special time together! That is really neat!

Kari, RN said...

I'm so glad you've been getting some peace and quiet! Is it TOO much or just the right amount?

I wish I was making it as far north as they are, but that'll have to wait for a different cross-country trip. That whole area is so beautiful!