Thursday, July 24, 2008

Land of the Midnight Sun

Well, this blog will be quiet for 2 weeks as Walter and I head off to Alaska! We are going to Minneapolis tomorrow (Friday) and flying west early Saturday morning.
Here are a few scenes to let you picture what we hope to experience. We will be cruising from Vancouver, B.C. and stop at Skagway, Juneau & Ketchikan on our way to Whittier. We will cruise through Glacier Bay and College Fjord. We'll be on the Sapphire Princess - and we have a room with a balcony, so I really envision morning coffee on the balcony! (probably bundled up)

Maybe we'll see where this kayaker went...

We definitely expect to see this quaint town!


After we complete our cruise in Whittier, we will then take a land tour for 6 nights. We will be in Copper River; near Denali National Park; close to Mt. McKinley and finish up in Anchorage to fly home.

Hopefully we can post pictures in August of our trail rides, ATV venture and wilderness raft trip. See you in August!

p.s. I'm going cold turkey - no internet - it's too expensive on the ship to use so I am just going to resist.... !!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ning, We hope that you both have a wonderful time! We'll sure miss you while you're gone. l, m & b

Brooke said...

You will LOVE it!!! I'm so jealous that you get to go! Kevin and I know that we want to go again someday! Sweatshirts are a must, but the scenery will take your breath away! I can't wait to see some pics in a couple weeks!

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful time all of you. While you are enjoying the beautiful scenery along the West Coast, we will be enjoying the beautiful scenery....inland in Glacier National Park and area. So many places to see and explore in these countries of Canada and US. We are so blessed.

Sara said...

What an amazing trip to anticipate! I'm already looking forward to your pictures.

Kari, RN said...

I'm so excited to hear all about your vacation! I just know you'll have some amazing pictures and stories!

It's pretty brave going cold-turkey with regards to the internet. I'm impressed! I bet in some ways it'll feel pretty freeing, and definitely relaxing!

It'll be fun to catch up when you get home, and I'm really excited to head to Fergus during my next assignment!

The Erickson Family said...

We'll miss your blog posts! Can't wait to read all about the trip! have a great time! Looks like it's going to be BEAUTIFUL there!!!