Saturday, January 26, 2013

Opening the box..

 It started with opening this box - after many years... and wishing to find all the pieces to this and 3 other "castle" style lego sets from... oh say, 20-25 years ago.  Our eldest son remembered that this castle was his and I am happy to see if his son would like the challenge of putting this set together at some point.  But I don't want to give him a set that has lots of missing pieces so...
 
 My compulsive need to assemble and account for all the sweet little pieces kicked into high gear.  I started with the easy things - the knights and their horses...
 
and moved on to the soldiers.  Armed and ready. 
 
But then I thought it might be a good idea to sort the large "everything else" lego supply housed in a large rubbermaid container..  (and used by our grandchildren these days.)  I dumped it all out on a large white sheet and got to work.
 
I had this crazy idea that I would sort them! I got a host of plastic containers from here and there in the house and sorted all the bricks into sizes. Nothing fancy, just by size.  Then the "other then regular brick" pieces got sorted by color. 
 
Then I wondered if perhaps I could, at least, assemble the smallest of all the castle/outpost forest sets.  I mean, how hard could it be?  The box says it is for ages 7-12.
 
After all, my young grandchildren, 10 years old and UNDER, follow lego directions and amaze me at their patience and understanding of how to build sets.   But YIKES,  I am more amazed then before!  Here I am struggling away... only at step 13 of 25....  !!!
 

I guess I'd better get back to work.  I have a looong way to go...

No comments: