
If you were a brownie or a girl scout, you may have sung "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." Did you sing that song?
Well, I had a wonderful long weekend because an old friend and her husband came for a visit!
Did we ever have fun visiting and catching up on everything!

When I was a young mom with a toddler and an infant, in 1978, I moved from the New Jersey to a farm in Saskatchewan, Canada. And one of the best things about that move (we lived there for 5 years) was becoming friends with Darlene, another mom with a toddler and an infant... (we both had a 3rd child after that as well. ) Our children played and played together and we moms talked and talked together. I don't know what I would have done to get through those days without our friendship!
It seemed like we picked up where we left off because we talked and talked all weekend long!
When we weren't eating or shopping, that is....

And just by luck, Darlene's cousin was also in town; both of them here from Canada.
Darlene was aware that her cousin Sharon was going to be in town but Sharon had no idea about Darlene being here. (They live in different provinces and don't see each other all that often.)
So "I" invited Sharon to join "me" for coffee and was she surprised to see cousin Darlene with me!

Sharon's daughters who live in our town also joined in on the fun.

The weather, which has been rather cool all spring, was fabulous on Friday and we had our first cook-out of the season in the evening. It was perfect!

The weather cooperated into Saturday, so we decided we could do another "first" for the season and that was to put the pontoon boat in the water and take a little cruise around one of our many nice lakes.
(There are 1000 lakes alone in our county! 10,000 in our state!) 
The happy friends.

Some of our grandchildren were along too.

Until next time....
Thanks for the memories...
2 comments:
Fun to see familiar Canadian faces! :)
What a FUN post! So fun to see Dale & Darlene and Ken & Hope and Sharon!
Post a Comment