Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blossoms and bird...

Today I finished planting my last major flower bed.

This one is one that gets shade until the late afternoon and I've always been disappointed with the flowers I have chosen. I added a few hostas the last few years and since they have done well, I added more this year.
Along with the hosta I planted some coleus, some white impatiens and some dusty miller and a few sweet potato vine plants. Now we'll see how they do in this spot. This is the "before" picture - you will have to wait until August for the "after" one!


This long flower bed lines one side of our driveway. It is sort of "blue and yellow" (well, actually the petunias are close to purple but they will have to do) and I chose these colors to honor my Swedish heritage! I look forward to seeing them fill out. If I remember to water and fertilize and dead-head them, that is....

This sweet picture is actually quite sad. That little chickadee somehow settled into the little cup that had some grape jelly in it. And he must have gotten stuck because he couldn't move. We have no idea how long he was there but sadly, when we tried to remove him, he was a goner.

I guess he thought if the orioles liked the jelly, he should to... opps.

No comments: