Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Still excited

I'm still excited about the birds. So I called our daughter-in-law today and said "oh, you must bring the children over to see the birds!" ... I really wanted to be sure they got to see the rose-breasted grosbeak and the beautiful northern oriole before the leaves filled out making it more difficult to spot the birds. The birds did not disappoint me; they came and flew around and ate at the feeders and the children shared grandma's excitement.

The boys could even spot the tiny little hummingbird!


And then, as I was making supper, I noticed the Red Headed woodpecker! I haven't seen him for a few years! We have lots of great woodpeckers (including the really huge pileated woodpecker) but this red-headed fella is amazing. I didn't get a great picture of him, but at least I got something!

Maybe he'll come back tomorrow. I just need him to pose in the sunshine and not on the shady side of the tree! ha ha.

No comments: