Sunday, September 06, 2009

Such a crowd

I know I posted some pictures of the state fair, but I thought I'd add a few more.
John thought that last Monday would not be crowded at the fair; but he seemed to have misjudged the enthusiasm of Minnesotans! (Plus, it was senior day and children's day to boot!)
So... everywhere you looked there were people....
Lots and lots of people!

And some were really quite cute..


I guess the photographer wanted to be sure to get the baby in the picture...
sorry about that John...

One of our first stops was to see the giant pumpkins.
How did they even get these big guys to the fair??

Here is the winner!!


I just love seeing the vegetables.


And, since fall is my favorite season of the year, pumpkins and all the fall goodies were such a pleasure to see!!


Oh, doesn't it just make your mouth water???

We also visited the horticulture exhibit where I photographed lots of beautiful flowers.
Here is just one of them.
We also enjoyed seeing the horses and the livestock.
The birthing center, which was quite crowded, was wonderful too -
we saw some newborn calves and piglets.
There is a fine art exhibit as well.
Here below is a famous painting you might recognize..

I think we should call it Minnesota Gothic...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures.....i always thought the prettiest season was spring but all these fall colors are amazing!