Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Going green.. and blue...

One of the nice perks at the Minnesota State Fair were the free bags given out at various booths. I was happy that I came home with a nice number of bags (since Wally, John and Sara gave me their bags) so that I could try to be more environmentally-friendly when I grocery shop. However, I really wanted nice bags in nice colors, so now when I grocery shop I have these great lime green and aqua bags.
I feel quite fashionable.
And to tell you the truth, they hold a lot!
.
The funny thing is that I also got 2 black bags from at the "Eco Experience" where I had to "pledge" to reuse bags. They were sponsored by the MN Grocer's Association and the Mn Pollution control agency.
Guess which bags ripped RIGHT AWAY at the grocery store?
The "eco experience" ones.
Go figure.
They should have considered quality control as well as pollution control.

1 comment:

John said...

I was just looking at our pictures from the state fair and the pics of you & Sara holding bags at the ECO experience show that they are green bags, not black. Perhaps you got the black ones somewhere else.