Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still sewing...

I've been having such fun sewing these days. I have made quite a number of cute "burp" clothes for babies and some really soft minky baby blankets as well.
I found a pattern for a nursing cover and made one as a practice and then purchased some better fabric for 4 more nursing covers. Here they are hanging up for a picture.

This is what one looks like laying flat.

There is a "boning" in the front that bows away from the body so that the nursing mom can look down to see the baby while maintaining privacy.


On the reverse side I sewed two pockets out of terry cloth.



Here are the fabrics. The one on the left is the "practice" one and the others the higher quality fabric.
I think I"ll make some matching burp clothes with the extra fabric.

6 comments:

Christine U said...

Very cute, Candis! Where did you find the pattern? I didn't really like the nursing cover I had with Josiah (it didn't have boning, so was generally awkward), but these look much better.

Candis Berge said...

Christine, I found two patterns on the internet, had to kind of use both - and I had to look at the nursing cover that Meghan had to finally get it right.

Can I make one for you??? Any colors/patterns you prefer??

Ekelund Fam said...

Yippee! Mandy Bronson got these from a friend and I wasn going to ask her for some. Can I buy one from you when my baby comes? :)

Henrik and Carrie said...

The one I have was $30 online, Candis!!! You have chosen beautiful fabrics and I think you could start a little business!

The Erickson Family said...

How much are you going to charge for these? I need a new one and am very interested!

June said...

Candis, I wish I'd seen these about three and a half years ago. Both of my children pulled the blanket away. It probably wasn't very modest.
I took your advice and started a blog: 4jfinnesgards.blogspot.com. I'm still learning ...