Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cooking with Candis

Yup. It's official. My favorite room in the house is the kitchen!
Today I made buns. In fact, I was taking them out of the oven just as W walked in the door.
Talk about good timing!

Yesterday I got out an old Farm Journal cookbook and decided to make the granola I made years ago.

Mixed it up and baked it.

Came out great.


Then it was on to bagels. (yesterday)
Shape them and

boil them and

bake them and

EAT THEM.


And for supper, something I haven't made before:
Pigs in a blanket (also know as stuffed cabbage.)
I was inspired by my daughter-in-law Sara...

Ready for the oven.
It was good and enough for two nights.
That's always a plus.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never seize to amaze me!! J.

Sharon said...

Hey, ''Cooking with Candis'' sounds good as a title for a recipe book complete with pictures!!!! I would buy one, that's for sure. All the food you have put on here just makes my mouth water!!!

The Erickson Family said...

I'm curious and interested in the granola! That would be very popular in our house!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sharon, 100%. That food looks fabulous! l, m

Stender Statement said...

Candis...I was totally craving cabbage rolls one night last week and tried to find a recipe in one of my books...but couldn't so I ended up just having boiled cabbage! I, too, would buy the cooking with candis book!

monitoring said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
monitoring said...

Cabbage rolls are Polish traditional Food we call it Golabki (pronounced go-womp-kee) here you can find recipe http://polishfoodrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/gobki-golabki-cabbage-rolls-recipe.html