
Yup, I'm not done yet trying to use each one of my many kitchen gadgets.. and today it was time for the electric crepe maker! I suppose it is sort of like "cheating" for "real" chefs who make crepes the authentic way.

The batter was straight-forward. Flour, salt, melted butter, eggs and milk.
After I mixed it up, I let it rest for an hour so that the flour would become incorporated into the batter.
(No, I didn't think that up myself, the directions told me to do that. Good that I wasn't hungry for crepes that minute! I don't like to wait...)

I don't think this would pass today's safety standards. No appliance purchased these days has a cord that long. And the handle got hot, even though it had some sort of insulator thing on it.
I had to use a pot holder once the thing was hot. There was no temperature control or indicator light. Just plug in and when you think it's hot enough... well, it's hot enough, right?

Pour some of the batter in this made-to-match shallow concave plate.

Invert the entire crepe maker and dip into the batter and then turn it back over and let the batter cook on the hot surface for about a minute.

You can see the crepe cooking.

They really come out very thin!

I'm sure there are many many ways to enjoy them, but for us, it seems to be our homemade chokecherry syrup!
I'm not sure they are better than Wally's skinny pancakes. In fact, I'm sure they are NOT better. These are so thin, you almost wonder what you are eating!
2 comments:
Candis you're killin' me here! All of these yummy yummy treats! Crepes are just the best, aren't they?!?!?
That's a riot. I just make them on the stove top...our oldest' favorite!
Post a Comment