It's that time of year when I get fixated on the amazing birds at our feeders. I have kept records for over twenty years and now know when to expect various birds. In anticipation I have the feeders full, the grape jelly and oranges ready for the orioles and the hummingbird feeder ready. Any day now I will be rewarded with the return of my migrating friends! I can hardly wait!
One of the exciting parts of the morning is enjoying a cup of coffee and watching the wood ducks decide if and when they will choose to go into one of the two wood duck boxes we have ready for them. This morning I managed to get this photograph of Mrs. Wood duck leaving the box. Presumably she left an egg in there.
And despite cold, wet and gloomy weather the tulips continue in their growth and will soon bless us with their flowers!

No comments:
Post a Comment