Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sentimental

When my mother-in-law passed away in 1996, our eldest son mentioned that he would love to have the footstool.
.
THE footstool.
.
It had been a gift from my father-in-law to my mother-in-law and is now lovingly cared for by their grandson and his loving wife....
.
It was a sentimental thing, I'm sure.
It's a rare, one of a kind footstool...
.
I just thought I should take a good picture of it and give it a blog post.
.
The other item, that so many of us probably remember something similar when we went to our grandparents home, was THE candy dish.
.
I love seeing this candy dish when I go visit John & Sara.
.
I think the other item that many of the grandchildren remember is the button tin.
(I think Cherie has the button tin.)
Did your grandma have a button container?

No comments: