Okay, I don't know how many of you remember the sermon at your wedding, but I surely remember the one at our wedding. Bless his heart, the Pastor wanted to emphasis that, though we were coming together as one, we were to maintain our individual personalities. Shortly before the ceremony the Pastor asked Wally what some of my hobbies were... and W told him I liked to bake and sew. (True.) So, without considering how totally chauvinistic it would sound said, in the sermon.. "W, you go on hunting and fishing and C, you go on baking and sewing!"
Oh OUCH! Was he serious???
Well, I guess I have taken his advice...
Oh OUCH! Was he serious???
Well, I guess I have taken his advice...
I saw some cute burp cloths on the internet and gave them a try.
I sewed cute flannel down the center of a purchased cloth diaper and added trim.
Actually, they will make great baby gifts and I know a good number of young gals currently expecting...
But, I didn't stop with burp cloths..
Hm... wonder why.
They sell the most wonderfully soft fabric that makes such cuddly blankets!
10 comments:
Oooh, wow! Those blankets look absolutely wonderfully cozy! Do you accept orders? :)
Zoe
Oh wow, you are soooo talented! I'm inspired!
So cool, i could never do that :) The pink blanket on the end of the post looks just like hannah's silk blankie!
Zoey
Oh Zoey, you could definitely do it. It is very easy!
Oh my!! Those look SOOO cozy! Can I place an order for a new one for Hannah?? Her blankie is getting rather dingy. I just LOVE that brown one! You are an awesome grandma. :) OK, I'm not trying to score a free blankie here (although it may seem that way), I really mean what I said! :)
These look so wonderful! I can almost feel the softness through the computer screen. :) Really, it makes me crave digging out my fabric and sewing machine!
Wow, Candis, you've been busy!! Cute as can be! J
Oh so soft! :-) Makes me want to make some but not in pink! :-) I like the brown minky and the paisley! Such good colors! I'm sure the end of Sept can't come soon enough for you! :-) (But it will!)
Candis you have been busy! I love making minky blankets but I always make mine with flannel. I love how it looks with the satin! You did a much nicer job on yours than I did on mine, though! Way to go! They're gorgeous!
Are you sure these aren't all for sale! Wow, you really do some incredible work! They are beautiful.
Post a Comment