
I was photographing some flowers and this monarch butterfly using my macro setting on our camera. I couldn't see everything I was photographing completely as the sun was shining on the camera screen so I did not realize until I looked at this picture afterwards that there was a bee in the picture too. But take a good look, it makes me laugh every time I look at it, I snapped the shutter it at just the time as the butterfly was fluttering his wings to scare the bee - and I think that bee was mighty scared! "Whoa, I'm outa here!" thought the bee - and away he went!


Sweet.
3 comments:
Fabulous.....and wouldn't they make nice note cards? l, m
So beautiful!...poor bee :)
Great pictures! While you were catching the perfect picture I was at the Prairie Wetlands today catching and tagging monarch's today with some little ones. They track their flight to Mexico. It is about 1800 miles and takes them 6 months......Do you know how to tell by the wing markings if your Monarch is a male or female? I learned how to tell!
Post a Comment