Hats and gloves were requested.
From left to right:
Arna S., Janet A., Elaine K., Donna O., Jan K., Carol F., LeAnn R.
Shall we begin?
The first course is called the "savories" and that would be small sandwiches and other savory items.
The star sandwiches were tomato-curry.
The square sandwiches were cucumber with a cream-cheese ranch spread.
Lastly, the round sandwiches were a salmon spread with bean sprouts.
.
More tea was served.
They were served with jam, "mock" devonshire cream and lemon curd. Take your pick.
They are good enough to eat without all that stuff too!
.
and more tea was served...
On the right are my favorites: madeleines. They are cute little french lemon-flavored soft cakes.
Also served was chocolate-caramel-oatmeal chews, lemon bars and linzer cookies.
Yes, I made them all.
Wow, that chocolate covered mint leaf was fabulous!
(Thanks Marlane and Robyn for the great idea!)
Freshly picked strawberries (from our garden too!) dipped in chocolate.
yum yum
You need to have a special madeleine pan to make them but they are pretty easy
(as long as you don't forget to grease the pan!)
.
But here's the best part of the tea party: it was something I offered at our church auction that one of these dear ladies paid for - and the proceeds of the auction are to go toward the building of a very modest home for a family in Mexico that needs that home desperately.
For the third year in a row, a group of volunteers from our church will travel to Mexico and stay for a week or so helping in the construction of this home.
Having seen the pictures from the previous trips, and the grateful reaction from the family that benefits from having a decent shelter for them to reside, it is well worth the effort.
So, as I enjoyed the time preparing for this afternoon of tasty food and warm fellowship, I thought of the family in Mexico that was ultimately to benefit from our small efforts.
What a deal.
6 comments:
Candis you are amazing! I wish you lived closer to me so I could take part in all these wonderful activities you do!
Stacey
WOW!! Candis at her BEST! J.
That is awesome!!! You did a fabulous job and I'm SURE the ladies had a wonderful tea party. Way to go!
Only you could be so clever. What a fun afternoon for a great cause!
Such a beautiful and proper tea party! You are an inspiration to all of us! Looks like you all had such a fun time together.
Wow! Absolutely over the top! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment