Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grandpa's parade

Imagine, how lucky for Grandpa! The town had a parade on his birthday!
Sean is excited - it looks like he is going to direct the band!

Our fabulous hometown band (which marched in the Inaugural Parade!) always looks crisp and makes us so proud.

Brooklyn and Preston anxiously await the floats - and the candy.


Isn't this sweet of Preston watching the parade?



Tobias was learning the finer arts of trying to get to the tootsie roll before someone else...
not sure how he did here...

And of course we had to have the cake and candles for Grandpa!

We sang "Happy Birthday" and then Grandpa had some help blowing out all those candles!
(Well, there weren't that many actually - I went for style over substance...)
I think only Preston was missing from this picture - can you find the other 7 grandchildren here?)

3 comments:

Henrik and Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Wally! It looks like it was a fun and beautiful day!

I can't believe that's Sean in the first picture. He's so blonde!!! What darling grand kids you have!

Anonymous said...

Cute fun photos of a great parade. I think that SP has Big Mac's hairdo. l, m

Andrea said...

M - you're funny!! It was a fun party - even if we didn't eat the cake till 2 days later. :)