
We spent the weekend in Eagan. Daniel & Meghan and the children also came to Eagan.
(Adam & Andrea & children were unable to be with us this time.)On Saturday we celebrated Tobias' birthday.
Those pictures will be on the blog on his birthday Wednesday.Yesterday, following church, we visited the Minnesota Zoo. We highly recommend it to you. It was great fun to see the animals and watch our grandchildren enjoy the zoo. (John and Sara could not come with us as they had a prior commitment.)

I think our top highlight was watching these two grizzly bears having a little fight.

We took a ride on the monorail. You really should do that.

The African exhibit was great. We saw lots of camels.

and other animals in their natural habitat.

I love giraffes and zebras.

Sean liked that the windows were at his level.

Brooklyn found a fun place to peek out at the animals - and at grandma with the camera!

The underwater world was grand. (But hot and humid in there...)

We also got to see some dolphins eating.

If you look closely you will see him above and below the water.

Trying to snap a family picture.

This tiger thought it was just time for his Sunday afternoon nap on a hot summer day.

And these brothers were glad that grandpa thought it was time for a treat!

Mr. Moose also wanted to relax.

There were even animals of which I had never heard!
Who knows the names of these fella's?
(I do now, but do you?
6 comments:
Candis, cute pictures from the zoo! My guess for the last one is... (drumroll please!) ... Is it a Takin?
Yes! Lindsay knows her animals!
I never even heard of a takin before... did you have to look it up?
Looks like you had a great day! It takes me back to our days in Eagan when we went to the zoo almost once a week! Great place to take active little kiddos!
Aww man. I'm busted. I did a little research.. yes. I had never heard of a takin either :)
My guess was Yak, WRONG-
Great pics, Candis - What a great memory maker!
Looks like fun! We've always wanted to go there but haven't yet. Hope you had a great weekend!
Post a Comment