Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving reflections

We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving day with my siblings and my mom at my youngest brother's home in New Jersey. He is a great chef and served us delicious squash soup...

followed by a moist turkey with all the trimmings....

..under the watchful eye of our hostess (my sister-in-law), Ann-Margret.


First we enjoyed appetizers in the front living room. Debbie brought some delicious appetizers and it was hard not to just fill up on them. The bacon-wrapped shrimp was my favorite.

The younger set (here are 3 of my nieces and one nephew) playing Wii.
I think I need a Wii now.

This is our family picture for 2008 - my mom, my sister, my two sister-in-laws, my brother-in-law, two brothers, my spouse and me.

Here I am with my sister, the person who knows me so well!

I adore my nieces and I was so happy that I could spend a little time with Robyn. We have lots in common and it's a bummer we don't live closer!

This is the younger set - 3 nieces, Jackie, Stephanie & Alison and my nephew Ben.

Patient Ben, who went along with all the dress-up silliness his cousins and sister could muster.
I wonder if you want to include this photo on your college applications, Ben? Just let me know...

3 comments:

meghan said...

Looks like fun! We are thankful you made it home safely! Can't wait to catch up!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME - Wonderful family pic. Friend J.

Kathy Garvin said...

Glad to have you back. I missed you. It looks like you had a great time with your family.