Saturday, December 06, 2008

Basement preview... soft opening...

You know how new businesses have a "soft opening" - an unadvertized opening to see how things will go before announcing to the public that they are open? Well, we had a "soft opening" tonight of the basement playroom when the D's dropped by to borrow the krumkake iron and see the new carpet (and eat a little light supper of milk rice or turkey corn soup...)
Here is the well-received playroom shortly after the toys were placed on the new shelves...

It will be lots of fun when the rest of the cousins arrive at Christmas time!

Ye-haw!


Sharing nicely.

This is the theme for the room.
We're getting ready!

4 comments:

meghan said...

The playroom is definitely a success! We think it is nice to know the management- that way you get invited to "soft opening" events. Thanks for the fun night!

Anonymous said...

Those big plastic boxes are great for the new cube unit! You have toys for every age. What fun for 8 little Berges!

Andrea said...

I showed the kids pics of the new room. The most interesting response was from Timothy, "Oh man, they got new carpet?? I like it." I like the black toy shelf and the theme for the room. I'm sure our kids will live up to its name.

The Erickson Family said...

Ooo!!! It looks wonderful! It is so great that you have that space for your grandkids to play!