
Yippee! I love Christmas and getting ready - in fact, I often start as soon as Halloween is over. Since we will be traveling for Thanksgiving I want to come home to the completed project... it takes me a number of days to decorate and I don't want to do it
after Thanksgiving! I want to enjoy every minute of December - maybe some baking and Christmas music and company instead of the mess of decorating. So the mess is
now - and Snow Village is my first project each year. I am pleased to say it is almost finished.

I often place some of the cute houses on my hearth; on either side of the fireplace. This year especially it doesn't seem
prudent to do so with many sweet little hands wanting to touch.... so I am trying a new approach and using the bookshelves. ( of course, then I had to find places to stash all those books - as well as all the framed family photographs that are usually on the counter.)

And
shh, don't tell, but I am
already listening to my Christmas CD's. Like old friends!
Did I mention that the whole crew is coming for Christmas this year?
3 sons, 3 daughter-in-laws and 8 sweet grandchildren.... plus hubby and me.
What do you do to make your family Christmas experience special? One thing we do that is fun is that each family is responsible for a whole meal, whether it be a breakfast, a lunch or a dinner. It's soon time to choose your meal.... We've had some great meals too!
Two years ago we did a Christmas eve day hayride and we went bowling as a family.
Any advice for fun things to do with grandchildren 5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, and 6 months?
4 comments:
The krumkake looks delicious and the Snow Village so inviting!
l, m
This post makes me feel so normal. I decorate super early too. We're probably only going to do a tree this year though as baby will be born 15 days after Christmas and I will have other things to get done before family comes for that. :o)
The village looks wonderful and how yummy that kumkake looks!
Your village looks wonderful! It puts me in the mood for Christmas except we are not ready yet! Remember after you have your family home for Christmas this mom needs her wedding coordinator well rested! :)
I'm up for making another breakfast if no one objects. :) I love breakfast foods- what a great way to start a day.
I think bowling and a hayride again this year would be great. I just have such fond memories of 2 years ago so I think those ideas are perfect!
Post a Comment