Friday, May 16, 2008

What do you think?

I'm in the process of moving things back into the living room; I'm still deciding what goes where - on the mantle, on the walls, etc. but here is how it looks right now. I think it's a nice change. We are on the look-out for new furniture but so far nothing has felt right. Most of furniture out there is just way too big and bulky. What do people do who live in small apartments?

Today the piano is getting tuned! Hooray! It really needs it.


I've already changed the things on the mantle after I took this picture. I left the clock there but now I have pewter candle sticks and a pewter teapot on it. I think I like the pewter better.

Wally is working on completing the french doors that open into the river room. They still have plastic wrap on them in this picture. They will be stained to match the rest of the living room. And once the trim is on, I will put the china back into the curio cabinet in the corner. Do you like the cabinet angled like that? It used to be against the wall but I think this is better. We are also getting a new floor lamp and removing that dark green one. Also, no coffee table - ours was so heavy and I didn't want it marking the new carpet. So we'll go without for a while until we find something that we like. Anyone need a coffee table?

4 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

WOW! What a difference! It looks so big in there! I bet you are very happy with the changes!

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking great. If you want my humble opinion, I like most furniture on an angle including your hutch. What does that say about me?
kg

Kari, RN said...

This is really coming together so well! I also like the cabinet on an angle, good idea.

As far as furniture ideas go, I just googled "small apartment furniture ideas" and got, well, 208,000 sites to check out. You might not look at every one, but maybe you'd see something that strikes you right?! Just an idea...

Jim and Marilyn said...

The room looks beautiful and so restful! You've done a great job with the decorating. Besides being very large, the newer furniture is not as well made, either!