
I'm having a hard time deciding what goes where. I have more things then necessary for decorating and I know "less is more" so I am trying to make it look ...ah.... artistic? Here I have switched to pewter and took off the brass and hummels and vase. I would like to have a different picture but that will just have to wait until I find it. (I was going to check one out of the library but none of them were right.) I do like my great-Aunt's mantle clock there. Is this too symetrical? Too boring? I'll keep trying...
3 comments:
What about a big mirror just sitting the portrait way on top of the mantle? Then you could do a larger arrangement of flowers/branches or something that would reflect in the mirror. I really like the clock there. My mom always uses the rule of three when she puts things together, so that would make three. Mirror, arrangement and clock.
Just an idea!!
Love the carpet!!
Henrik (just kidding!)
Carrie
I like Carrie's (or Henrik's?!) mirror idea. That would really open up the room and also reflect all the light that comes in from the windows. I don't know if that used hotel furniture store is still on Cavour, but Christine once found a really great mirror for really cheap that was so nice I hated to see it move with her to Chicago!
I wish I was there -I'd love to try all sorts of fun arrangements with you until we found just the right thing!
I think you should buy your furniture and then decide what to do. I like the idea of a mirror. I agree that less is more.
Post a Comment