Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Preston gets Grandma time!

Oh, for fun! This morning Preston got to come to Grandma's for a little while all by himself. He was such a happy boy. He loves all the toys and plays so great with them. He tells me everything he is doing and expects me to know everything he is saying.... He loves to hammer just like Daddy and Bumpa!

We made many trips to the toy closet in the basement and now he knows there is this big container of transformers. (I think Timothy and Luke introduced him to the cool things in this big container.)


Hammer, grandma!

And the Sesame Street clubhouse, which is now 29 years old, is still a highlight.

All the Sesame Street characters say Hi to you!

(And people thought I was too much when I would always have to find all the little pieces to our little boys toys before I put them away. Now who was the smart one? I am proud to say I have all the farm animals to the barn, all the people and cars to the Fisher price garage, all the pieces to the "lift and load" depot... I couldn't sleep well if something went missing! So silly but now I'm so happy I was so diligent!)

7 comments:

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Could I come and play too? I love Sesame street!

meghan said...

i had so much fun, grandma! i love playing at your house! i especially love having you all to myself! love, preston

James, Keisha, Nevaeh, Bodin, Jaxtin said...

Both Nevaeh and Bodin love to play with our Sesame Street too. I had to check if I could find a date anywhere and I came across 1976. It has gone through a lot of years and a lot of little ones. We are missing Oscar though!

Candis Berge said...

I have lost and found Oscar the grouch a number of times. I just love that little garbage can with him in it!

Jim and Marilyn said...

You are such a good grandma! Looks like Preston maximized the time!

Brooke said...

What fun! Those classic toys are always the best too! Good job at keeping track of all the pieces!

Andrea said...

Such a treat for Preston! I wish we were closer. I'd love to let our kids have a little Grandma time too!! By the way, nice picture of you and Hannah on your post- the last one we got in that dress before she shredded it with the scissor...