Imagine going into New York City on the Saturday following Thanksgiving with 16 other people - and enjoying the entire experience! That's what we did and there were no lost children, no crabby adults and no cold hands or feet! We took the train into the city from New Jersey - starting out from three different stations and happily all being on the same train at the same time (as we had hoped) and arriving together into Penn Station. First stop was a subway ride to the famous Museum of Natural History. Here is the group shot at the start of the day.
I caught up with Courtney, Jackie and Alison near the dinosaur exhibits. I had once taken Courtney's mom and Jackie's dad to this museum when they were about 10 years old (and I was single and didn't think twice about going into Manhattan.)
Debbie, Ben and Justin enjoyed it too. The ice skating rink at Rockefeller center was packed with people. We had considered ice skating but the line was very long so no one went skating from our group. The tree was up but not going to be lit for a few more days. Too bad!
John may have wanted pizza but Courtney wanted only one thing too - a visit to the American Girl store. It was crowded with tons of little girls and their mommies - oh wow, it's a good thing I only had sons. Oh wait, I have grand-daughters now. Yippee! (yes, I did buy something there.)
The girls posed for pictures by the mounted police - who were posing for pictures as well. (Though I think they were on duty and just looking relaxed.)
Wally and I once had a very romantic date at The Rainbow Room in the NBC building. (It was a very fine restaurant but is no longer operating.) We had to have John take this picture of us.
I have to explain this picture. I took it to show those stars, which are all over the side of Saks Fifth Avenue building. (There are more then just in this picture.) Aren't they amazing? Then every once in a while music would play and the various stars would go on and off to the music. (The crowd of people are all facing the ice skating rink at Rockefeller center. )
The day ended with an elevator ride up to the top of the Empire State building where it was cold and clear. The sight was amazing. (John had a terrific picture on his blog at http://www.jsberge.blogspot.com/ ) It was a wonderful day, thanks especially to Ann-Margret and Jeffrey for being our "tour guides."
1 comment:
What a fun trip. From a wagon ride to the Big Apple! I am coming with next time!
Denise
Post a Comment