Saturday, June 16, 2007

What? No internet? Are you kidding?

Okay, here is a post minus a picture... since I am posting from the library. Yes, no internet for me at present. Shocking!! I was planning on connecting to high speed and I ordered a new computer tower with an ethernet card, etc. But the company that provides DSL to our neighborhood cancelled my order because of the complaints with the service to our neighborhood - they plan on laying a new line but perhaps not for months yet!! What? Are they kidding? Now I may have to go back to dial-up?? Hopefully, there is another option I am pursuing that my computer guy told me about. Someone who provides high speed to rural areas ...and I am in the coverage area. They will have to install an antenna on the roof of the house to receive the signal from his tower. Keep your fingers crossed that our home will be located in such a fashion that we can receive the signal from the tower. I'll learn more next week when they come out to access the situation. In the meantime ... trips to the library to check email now and then and read a few blogs! My withdrawal symptoms are lessening....

4 comments:

John said...

Yikes! That is a bummer. Too bad they cancelled your service. At least there is the library...

Dan and Christine Lawson said...

That totally stinks!! I hope something works out for you and quickly. I can't imagine not having our computer handy. We'll pray that something gets worked out soon!

Brooke said...

I don't know what I would do without internet now! It was fun running into you in person yesterday and today! I hope that all works out with your internet issues.

The Erickson Family said...

Bummer! I was wondering why you hadn't replied to my e-mail this morning with your usual lighting speed! Can't wait until you're up and running again!Hugs!