We recently took our "winter vacation." The first stop on our trip was to a new destination... St. Louis, Missouri! There were lots of attractions in that city, but the ones we most wanted to see were these five sweet faces.
If you visit St. Louis, a MUST is a stop at the City Museum - it defies description! The museum is more then just "hands on" for children... it is "climb all over everything and into every little space" museum. In a world full of rules and regulations ... this was an amazing contrast! And this grandma tried very very hard to not utter the phrase "be careful!" It was a blast, actually.
Our son and his family live close to the wonderful zoo, so that was another treat.
The seminary campus where our son is studying has fabulous architecture. I went out one morning just to take some pictures of the fine buildings.
This is one of the many buildings that house apartments for the seminarians and their families.
Our intent was to continue our vacation heading west, but a major winter storm was brewing so we thought perhaps we would skirt it by heading south a bit to Branson. The storm covered such a vast area that we wound up in a hotel for 3 nights in Branson waiting out the storm. We then abandoned our "westward" plans because ANOTHER winter storm was going to follow after the weekend... so we just decided to head on towards home, with a stop in Minneapolis to see these two grandkiddos for a short bit. Now we look forward to our March weekend with another 5 grandchildren and their parents at a waterpark. It better not be a snowstorm then!!






3 comments:
What a wonderful cathedral...and I love the gothic arches. Thanks for sharing. : )
Candis, Sure would have enjoyed you "dropping-in" for a visit at our church! So sorry you were in the middle of a storm in Branson. We hardly go there during the winter unless the weather is nice and we go up just to eat and do a little shopping.
I am so impressed with your LEGO building! You did GOOD! I have boxes of Legos here left by my son...guess I should break them out and make something!!
Also your cookies were beautiful! Truly! Too pretty to eat! But your bread looked absolutely delicious! I may have to try to make some soon!
We are having a hail storm and maybe a little snow tonight/tomorrow! Can't wait for spring this year!!
Blessings!
Candis- Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I know you do a wonderful job ministering to the women in your church!
Post a Comment