
I was trying to think of a fun and easy get-together for ladies for the month of July since many of our women's programs take a summer break. I came up with this easy and fun idea; just a "walk and talk" - so any ladies, of any age, met at our church parking lot and walked to a downtown cafe (not too far) - and for those ladies that didn't feel up to the walk, they could simply meet us at the cafe. Moms with children were welcomed to bring the children; strollers, etc. all were in fashion.

It worked out perfectly. The weather was great, sunny and a very comfortable temperature. The cafe has a nice side room that was available for us - and one of the nicest features of the day was the fact that ladies of all ages were in attendance. That's so fun, I think! I love being with women older and women younger as well as those closer to my age. We learn so much from each other - and I love to encourage the younger moms to keep on with the most important job in the world! I look forward to our next "walk and talk.."
1 comment:
I think this is a lovely idea. We did this for about a year. First meeting at different restaurants and then ended up brown-bagging our lunch a few times in the church fellowship hall!
Great to visit with the younger and older women!
Post a Comment