Today I tried making "kale chips"... perhaps you have heard of them? Nope, didn't think so. Me neither. However, we have joined a "community sustaining agriculture" group that provides fresh produce on a weekly basis. And the fun part is that sometimes you get something you have never had before. This past week we received kale.
It's full of nutrients! Great news! We like to hear that!
So, there is the suggestion that one can make kale chips. Like potato chips, only WAY MORE nutritious, right? One recipe said they also bet you can't eat just one. hm...
Cut the kale up into bit size pieces, wash and dry, drizzle olive oil on it, sprinkle with seasoned salt. Lay on cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
So far, so good...
.
6 comments:
I have that book and LOVE it. I keep a batch of the boule dough in the fridge each week. The caramel rolls are SO yummy and I make homemade pita chips with the pita bread recipe (made from the same boule dough).
Eric bought me the book for Mother's Day. (I guess it was a hint???) I've read it, but now I just need to get started. Your picture is good motivation!
I have received a great recipe for the Zuppa Toscana soup at Olive Garden that has kale in it. It is super delicious! Let me know if you want the recipe.
I bought the book for my BIL, and secretly want it for myself! Now I know it is a winner.
Too funny, Candis - I tried making kale chips this week, too! (Yes, I'm part of a CSA, too.) A couple of my kids actually did like them - and my son thinks it's funny that they have the same name as him :) Now, to figure out what to do with kohlrabi.......
I love kale chips. Try putting the kale in a plastic bag or bowl and get the oil distributed evenly and bake at 375. If they aren't crunchy bake a little longer. I can't get enough.
Kohlrabi...peel and cut into strips and eat like carrots sticks..also delicious!
Kathy H
Great post! In March, Brent made me a dinner called "Bangers and Mash" which had kale in it (we could get you the specific recipe) and it was pretty good. I guess it's a standard meal for St. Patrick's Day. Basically, you mix kale with mashed potatoes and the potatoes turn green!
Post a Comment