Saturday, February 06, 2010

I love a sweet baby shower...

This morning at our church we enjoyed a lovely baby shower for a mom-to-be of a baby girl!
Oh, how fun to decorate in baby girl colors! Here is the cute room ready for the guests.

As you can see, pink and green were nice colors with which to decorate. My friend Christine (who is the Aunt-to-be of the soon to be born baby girl) planned these cute table centerpieces. Glass baby bottles filled with pinks, white and brown m&m's, and each table also had a darling baby toy - notice the baby headbands wrapped around the bottles along with the ribbons.
And, since the table theme was baby bottles, I baked and decorated some baby bottle cookies.
Oh yes, I'm all about cute...
Talking about cute, check out this adorable "cake" that Christine made... it's made from baby diapers (disposal ones) and the fabric you see wrapped around each layer are baby swaddling blankets. Cute and useful!!

The room was full of activity as the ladies (and some sweet children) arrived.


The mom-to-be is sitting at the pink table looking adorable.
The Aunt-to-be is welcoming everyone. She's adorable too....

and the gifts look pretty adorable too.....

My dear friend here is sharing some devotional thoughts.
She is the excited grandma ...

Opening gifts.

Yeah! A baby changing pad - hard to conceal in its wrappings... but just what she needed..

And here to wrap up this post is me with my friend Christine, who did the major planning for the shower.
.
Christine and I had paired up on a few fun projects, one being the total design of this cute room for our church. (wow, many years ago now...) Christine was the artist that designed the "french cafe" scenes on the walls. It had previously been an old "basement" room.....
We had no idea how much the room would be used, did we?
Now we anxiously await the birth of baby girl ....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh it looks like such a fun morning! It makes me really miss going to church showers. I haven't been to one since...I can't even remember. Feeling a little homesick for Bethel at the moment... :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely shower! J.