Friday, December 18, 2009

String Band Christmas party!

Christmas and music go hand in hand. In fact, I start listening to Christmas music early in November! I just love it, don't you?
This evening we enjoyed a great time of music and singing in our home. Quite a few brought their stringed instruments; guitars and autoharps mostly.
We had a great time together singing Christmas carols and some of the good 'ol gospel songs!
What fun!
It was nice to have someone proficient on the piano as well!
Thanks, Bonnie!

And my sweet little granddaughter played a Christmas song for us too.
I was so impressed that she was willing to play for all these grown-ups!


The youngest grandchild seemed oblivious to the festivities, however.



We enjoyed some good food and visiting as well.



The children seemed to really enjoy listening to the music and watching folks play their instruments. They climbed up on their great Aunt and great Uncle's laps to watch the happenings.

And, of course, there were tasty treats.
A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Looks like a fun evening! I had no idea Pastor Ed played autoharp; I guess you learn something every day! Seeing those autoharps reminds of my grandma. Not a common instrument anymore, but I was so enamored with it when I was little.