Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Lakeside wedding

On Saturday, the 4th of July, on the shore of Leech Lake, a beautiful wedding took place.
No, I wasn't invited since I didn't know the bride or the groom!
But I was on the dock with my camera and just couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the special event. Wouldn't you?
Can you see the wedding in the above photo?

Ah, this is better. Don't you just love zoom lenses?
And I sure do wish I knew someone who attended this wedding so I could share these pictures, from this unique vantage point, with the happy couple.

Wow, you can even see the faces of the people quite clearly as they were watching the bride and groom.
Sooo... if you know who they are, let me know!

7 comments:

Gretchen R said...

Candis, that is so YOU! I'm not surprised at all you felt drawn to a wedding where you didn't know anyone and take pictures because it's a wedding, and who doesn't love weddings?

Lindsay Gietzen said...

Do you know that my family has also attended a beach side wedding that we weren't invited to? Yes it's true. We were on vacation in Florida, and my brother's were playing frisbee which got a little out of hand, and that frisbee landed... well... inches from the minister's head. No joke. Ooops!

Candis Berge said...

Oh Lindsay! That's a riot!

I also took pictures of a reception all set up beautifully in a fancy hotel in Winnipeg, prior to the wedding (no one was in the room and I peeked in) - it was so beautiful that I had to take pictures for future reference!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny, Ning! l, m

Kari, RN said...

I'm not sure if I should admit that I've also taken pictures at 1) a beach wedding, in San Diego, that was just too beautiful to pass up, and 2) at a reception hall that was empty, at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, California.

Do you think that the love you and I have for weddings is over the top? :)

See you soon, for a wonderful wedding! :)

Molly said...

We had the same color, J.Crew bridesmaid dresses at our wedding. Fun! :)

Also, I can't say I've taken pictures of the actual weddings...but when we were in Sioux Falls we happened upon 3 separate wedding parties taking photos in a popular spot. And I DID take some photos of them. It's hard not to. :)

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Candis--I am so wanting to tell you I know these people.....but I don't! You are too funny. It doesn't surprise me at all that you snapped these pictures. Yes, the boys were a lot younger when the frisbee they were throwing ended up right behind the minister. It was just as the bride was about to walk down . This mom didn't think it too funny at the time but it makes for a great story now.