Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This is exactly how I remember my precious mother-in-law, such a Godly woman.

Here she is in her kitchen with her Bible open.

I am so thankful for her.

This is my maternal grandmother with my mom as a baby.

Oh, how I miss her cheerful spirit!


This is my paternal grandmother with my dad as a young boy.

The story of this picture is amazing, too long to share here, but briefly, she just met and married my grandfather in order to continue to parent my father, as she was a struggling single mom considering placing my father for adoption. They were married about 9 days after they met and this picture was taken shortly thereafter.



My mom is in the center with her daughters on either side and her daughter-in-laws on the far left and far right.




These are the young moms of our immediate family.
I am thankful that God brought these women into our family!

And here I am with my loving mother - how fortunate I am to still have my mom.

She looks amazing for 91!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all these moms.

You are all loved and treasured!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love all these pictures of your special women you have in your family. God is so good and blesses us immeasureably with these people in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Great pics - YOU look beautiful!!!
Happy Mother's Day, dear friend. J

Brooke said...

It is an amazing story about your dad and his parents!

What special women you have in your life.