Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kitchen gadgets

Yup, another food blog. Sorry, if you haven't had dinner then you might want to go to another blog.
(Hopefully this will make you hungry.)
I have lots of electric appliances and kitchen gadgets. I have a goal of using them - at least once in a while, right! So, I have recently used my clay cooker (römertopf), my electric quesadilla maker, my electric yogurt maker, my english muffin rings, my muffin top pan.... and I use my bread machine on almost a daily basis.
Today I decided to use my electric wok and my rice cooker to make chicken-broccoli stir fry.
Here are some pictures. Above is the wok, obviously.
Here is the rice cooker. It was just a cheap one from Target but it does the job.

First I cooked the broccoli. I cooked it for 5 minutes in chicken broth, stirring occasionally.


Push the broccoli up the sides and add the raw chicken. The chicken had been in a bowl with soy sauce & vegetable oil. Sprinkle garlic salt on it and stir fry it for about 3 minutes.



This looks more appetizing - the chicken is cooked now.

Push the chicken up the sides and add some mushrooms. Stir fry for a minute.

Push them up and add water chestnuts or bamboo shoots. I had water chestnuts. Stir fry for a minute. After that mix the whole thing together and cook it for another 2 minutes.

Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and set the wok to warm.

Here is the cooked rice..

and the finished meal.
It was good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Kari, RN said...

Mmmm.... this looks good!

We were just looking at rice cookers today for our gift registry. Do you have any tips on specific features that you do or don't like? I've never owned one before but would like to.

Brooke said...

I totally need a rice cooker for all the rice that I do! This looks fabulous!

If only you knew all the gadgets my kitchen holds!

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Penny Eidem nee Sunwall. I just so enjoy your blog. You have the best one. I miss living in the midwest so love looking at all the fall, winter and spring and summer photo's and reading all about your family since I know them through friends and family who have met you. I'll be coming for Kari's wedding in July so will finally get to meet you. I have heard so much about you through the years since I grew up in Cameroun and took care of Judy Berge Olson's children. God bless you and yours. You are one incredible lady and thanks for letting me read your blogs. Have also savored the food blogs. Great work. Penny