
Here's another fun thing for baking. If at first you don't suceed- try again. I'm glad I followed that motto because the first time I used these molds I did not get a good result. But I decided to try again. Now I think I have a handle on them.

Here's what the molds look like. There is a cap that goes on each edge prior to baking.

I made some bread dough in my bread machine. I divided it into thirds and rolled each third into a log shape and placed each log into the bread mold.

I set them to raise in a warm place. (Usually the oven with the oven light on - it gives off just enough heat to provide a warm - but not too hot - environment for bread to raise. )

The bread dough raised for about 35 - 40 minutes. It has almost filled out the mold.

I placed a cap on both ends and placed them in the oven to bake.

Here they are, finished baking. One of the molds actually pushed the cap off the end during the baking.

Say, doesn't this look fun?

The key here is that the molds were well-greased. I used pam cooking spray.

They will make great little open-faced sandwiches for my homemakers group tomorrow evening.
On some I will spread a mayonnaise-curry spread and top with a slice of roma tomato. On others I will spread with a cream cheese/ranch dressing spread and top with thinly sliced cucumbers.

They are about 9 inches long and about 3 inches wide.
I just think they are so cute!
5 comments:
Good Grief! How many gadgets do you have...lol!
I love John's comment!! :) You make these things look so easy! I've seen these many places and have been intrigued by them. Now I really need to try them. I think the boys would love having a little fun-shaped sandwich!
So fun! I have a flower one and have never used it. I've been too scared. I think I'll try it tomorrow. You have inspired me yet again!
What temperature did you back these at?
I baked it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and then lowered the oven temperature to 375 and baked it for another 20 minutes.
Post a Comment