Sunday, June 01, 2008

New swings to the old Big T..

Yesterday Wally and I decided it was time to add some new swings to the boys old swing set, called the "Big T". I think we purchased it in 1983. We still have the rings and the trapeze bar but the swings are long gone. Also, we removed the old slide and added a nice new one. When grandparents have 7 grandchildren (and counting...) it's a good idea to have those swing sets functioning huh? We look forward to seeing Timothy, Luke, Hannah and Josiah in 2 weeks so that was good motivation! So after church, Daniel & Meghan and the children came over for an impromptu lunch so their children could try out the swings.

Preston likes both swings - the "baby" swing and the bigger swing.


Brooklyn liked the swing and Sean Patrick stayed in the baby swing the whole time we had our lunch. He was so content in it.

It was so comfortable here in the shade - no bugs yet - and to think we never sat out in this spot in our yard for a picnic as far as I can remember. It was so pleasant!

The fresh air and gentle swing lulled this little fella to sleep... isn't this cute?

5 comments:

Kari, RN said...

What a fun Sunday afternoon picnic! That last picture is priceless -what a sweetheart!

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

I don't think Sean Patrick is likely to give that swing up anytime soon. Sunday afternoons with family are wonderful. Sometimes the best times are those not planned!

The Erickson Family said...

Looks like a wonderful time enjoying beautiful weather! It's so neat that you have so many things from when your kids were little, for your grandkids to enjoy now. Very neat!

Love the photo of Sean at the end. Everyone else calls him Sean Patrick, but I'm gonna go against the flow and call him Sean. :o)

Henrik and Carrie said...

Looks like you had a great time!!!

Eric, Maralee, & Baby S said...

Swinging is the best! I'm sure you'll make many special memories in your backyard! What a blessing to spend time with family. Thanks for sharing your life with us...it's fun to keep in touch!