Monday, April 14, 2008

No turning back...

No turning back from this job now! I have been thinking about removing this stripped wallpaper for a few years but it is not a fun project... however, when it dawned on me that it has been on this wall for more then 20 years... and then I remembered that I had ALSO had the same pattern on the wall in our home in Canada.... well, it just might be time to sadly say goodbye to it. I always loved it but it's time, it's time. Not to mention that Wally's 50th class reunion is soon to enjoy some fellowship at our home like they did in 2003, 1998,1993 and 1988 - and each picture of his class at our home has this wallpaper in the background!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks good!! Hang in there - it will all be worth it in the end. :) How are your fingers feeling tonight? Can't wait to see more progress...

Henrik and Carrie said...

You're making great progress! What's the plan after the wall paper is off?

Candis Berge said...

After the wallpaper is off.... hm, not totally sure but paint of some color. NO more wallpaper. EVER.

The Erickson Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! It really makes me sad to see this wallpaper coming down. I remember the wallpaper in the Canada house too, I think... At the farm house across the field from our house, right? Are you going to paint instead? Any idea of colours? Is it all coming down in the dining room and living room too?

The Erickson Family said...

Oops...I should have read Carrie's post and your reply before I wrote mine!

Kari, RN said...

This will be such a change! Way to just go for it -ripping up wallpaper is hard work. It'll be worth it! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

How I remember that very same feeling when we removed the paper and then painted at our house. NO MORE WALLPAPER EVER!!!!!