Saturday, May 05, 2007

Right on schedule - rain or shine!

I was going to try to not load this blog up with bird pictures, but every year I get so excited when "my" birds return! Just last evening we said to Norman & Martha (who were over for dinner along with Daniel, Meghan, Brooklyn and Preston) that the grosbeaks should arrive any day...we have been keeping record of their arrival in our bird book since 1989! Well, the first thing I saw this morning when I looked at the feeder was Mr. Grosbeak! As you can see it is a rainy day - but that didn't keep them from their arrival. They may have a better on-time record then the airlines! (There are 3 grosbeaks in this picture - two on the tray feeder and one in the tree - can you spot them?)


This fella is waiting his turn to get to the feeder. The male is so colorful - his female counterpart is brown and rather modest in comparison.

No comments: